First Time Flying Solo to Brisbane








Traveling to Brisbane was my first time boarding a plane without my parents. I was 16 and it was one day before Christmas! I stayed with a host family from the Philippines, and they welcomed me with opened arms, literally the night I arrived, it was christmas eve and they hosted a party which was both fabulous and unforgettable. Living in Indonesia, it’s easy to get anywhere by car, but in Brisbane, I travelled a lot by bus. It was an amazing experience. The english course I took was also very helpful. I get to arrange all of my itinerary after class, which ends at around 1 pm. Also, visiting Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is a must! I ended up celebrating Christmas there with my new international friends. We even exchanged presents. On the last day of my stay, my host family organized a picnic for breakfast and it was nothing but delightful. I still keep in touch with my friends and host family even until now!

“Best homestay ever” are the only words that describes my adventure.

- Precia, Brisbane 2018 -

Comments

Popular Posts