Reasons to Choose EF San Diego






Speaking English with an American accent is more comfortable for me so I chose The US for my EF course destination, San Diego to be exact. It was spring at that time and I thought the west part of the US was gonna be warmer than the east coast (I was wrong guys) because I was puzzled to choose between California and New York but yeah..it doesn't matter really, I had my ‘Most Unforgettable Memories 2018’ there.

I only stayed for 2 months there in the EF school just because I didn't have to wake up so early in the morning for class since I'm not really a punctual person, which was awesome! Also it made me easier to hang out with my friends considering that we lived under the same roof. The location of the school was very strategic I must say, only 5-10 minutes walk to Vons, Target, Subway, iHop, Taco Bell, etc. such a heavenly strategic place to live, I know :-) oh and the most important part of all, the only EF school with a Musholla in it is only in San Diego until now as far as I'm concern.

My last weeks there was on Ramadhan month and frankly, I didn't have any problem with my obligation to fast at that time even though it took me 16 hours to break my fast. Such a wonderful blessing!

I just finished my medical studies so that's why I took (full) biology class to learn medical terms in English and it turned out very helpful! Other classes that I took (of course) are the general English class and grammar class because it's my major weakness that I was able to improve there.

For me personally, I'm an introvert so I didn't make a group of friends but I had 2 close friends at school but we didn't hang out together as 3 and we do still keep in touch until now! Surprisingly, I also made friends with a couple of Indonesian guys who have been studying in UCSD, although they didn't go to EF school, I'm glad that I made new friends abroad because of this opportunity from EF, definitely an experience that cannot be forgotten :)

California isn't all about Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Diego should be on your list!

- Bianca, San Diego 2018 -

Comments

Popular Posts